Home : 2004 : Jul : 12
1) 3 Branches of Government Hanger Mobile-from Super Social Studies Quick and Easy Activities, Games, and Manips. Scholoastic.
2) Election Bingo- I think from Education World.com.
3) Illustrate the Election Process...the Steps to Presidency.
4) Education World has a great set of lessons on Editorial Cartoons. Explain them, show samples, analyze, and create your own.
5) www.whitehouse.gov has a bio on G. W. Bush and his stance on various issues. Of course, Kerry's are there, too.
6) Election Trivia/Jeopardy/Bingo
7) Electoral Vs. Popular vote
8) Outline history of Voting
9) America Votes is a good resource for your age group. Also, You Want Women to Vote, Lizzie Stanton..
10) Create an Election 2004 book or magazine.
11) Great resources:: Electing the President: Dandy Lion Pub., Candidates, Campaigns and Elec scholastic; Spotlight on America : Elections Teacher Created Materials; Electing Our President Instructional Fair.
12) Hail to the Chief...Good picture book
13) So, You Want to be President....good book
14) Don't Know Much About the Presidents...daily triva
15) Mr. President: A Book of US Presidents
16) Ask Me Anything About the Presidents by Louis Phillips
17) How to Be President : What do Do and Where to Go Once YOu're in Office...by Stephen P. Williams....cool facts
18) Symbols....learn the symbols for Rep. and Dem. and create new ones.
19) Slogans...See the 2005 Kids' Almanac for past slogans...create a slogan for one of the candidates today.
20) Reader's Digest..May 2004..Word Power..George Washington and Reader's Digest Challenge...Presidential Trivia...
Good Luck and have fun!!
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or