My Bookmarked Threads My ScrapBook

Home : 2004 : Sep : 30

    Hey Becki
    By Jenny

    Clip to ScrapBook
    hey Becki,
    Okay I have been where you have been and it is very frustrating. First of all DON'T GO DAYCARE! If you have a degree and have a teaching certificate for that state you can work as a teacher. If you are working on getting your degree in teaching and want to be a teacher, start out as a teachers aide. They pay the same thing day care workers and it will be more valuable on your resume. It will be the best way to get your foot in the door and get to know the principal and the other teachers. The school districts are always looking for teachers assistants, so just go to a variety of public school districts human resource department and apply. They will understand that you don't have teaching experience. I had the same problem as you and I worked as a teachers assistance and they were more impressed than day care. That lady is right they will hire any anyone and that can be very scary. Let me know how it goes and good luck. If you don't want teaching experience and just want a job, go to the temporary places. Those are office type jobs and that is a good way to get your foot in the door. You need YOUR DEGREE BECAUSE IT IS TOO COMPETETIVE NOW!! I had my Masters and no experience and I HAD TO BEG FOR A JOB BECAUSE I WAS TOO EDUCATED. I hope I helped and good luck.


Visit our ProTeacher Community

For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
Copyright 1998-2020 ProTeacher
All rights reserved