Home : 2004 : Aug : 17
Beg. of year assessments:
list of assessments
1. students draw a picture of themselves with a pencil, no color-only them (They also do this at the end of the year--shows development)
2. upper and lower case letter id AND sound id
3. number writing-as far as they can go
4. Quiet Quiz--assessment of developmental spelling/phonemic awarness-give pictures and child writes the word. ie, duck, tree...
5. Sometime in first few weeks, after some trust developed...sight words
6. Reading level--we use the Rigby Benchmark system
7. Developmental math--1:1 correspondence, basic facts, multiples of 10 and 100. I listen and ask students how they solve the problems.
8. Informal--can they locate their name on a lunch magnet? mailbox? write their name?
Visit our ProTeacher
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or
Copyright 1998-2017 ProTeacher ®