My Bookmarked Threads My ScrapBook

Home : 2004 : Jul : 15

    to Kari
    By blair

    Clip to ScrapBook
    Hi Kari! I'm not sure how it works in Texas, but I had to have (or be working towards) my Master's degree in elem. reading. I didn't have to have a certain amount of years. You may want to call the TX Dept. of Ed and ask for someone in professional licensure.

    To become a Reading Specialist in Arkansas I had to: get my Master's Degree, take the Praxis, and report my scores to the AR Dept. of Ed. I started grad school after my second year and it took me about two years to get 36 hours.

    Being a Reading Recovery teacher is different than a Reading Specialist. Your school district must sponsor you and make the commitment to pay for you to go through training as well as supplies.

    Let me know if I can help you with anything else. Believe me, it is so rewarding.

Visit our ProTeacher Community

For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
Copyright 1998-2020 ProTeacher
All rights reserved