My Bookmarked Threads My ScrapBook

Home : 2003 : Nov : 7

    transfering credentials
    By Chicago Teacher

    Clip to ScrapBook
    I got certified in Indiana, taught in Illinois, and then moved to Oregon this year. When I decided to move, I made a small list of states and looked on the education department website for each state. Most of the state's I looked at had a list of state's that are reciprocal (and Illinois is reciprocal with almost all of the ones I looked at - except Washington). You can also look on ETS's website for which tests the state's require. My Oregon certificate is a 3 year transitional certificate while I take the ETS tests that are required here, and I think most states offer transitional certicates to licensed teachers while they do what needs to be done to fulfill all of the state's specific requirements.

Visit our ProTeacher Community

For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
Copyright 1998-2020 ProTeacher
All rights reserved