Home : 2003 : Dec : 27
New classroom New Class
Congrats on your upcoming teaching job. Some ideas for your classroom.
1. Bulletin Boards - Math calendar area (what you should put there would depend on the math program you will be using), classroom job chart, classroom rules, manuscript and cursive alphabet etc.
2. Homey book corner. If you don't have a book collection get one from the library. Most libraries will put a collection together for teachers and you can keep them for a longer amount of time.
3. Math manipulatives.
4. Nametags for the desks.
5. Notebooks for a writing journal and possibly a math journal.
6. Folder for each student to keep writing workshop materials in.
7. Word Wall materials.
8. Start a collection of poems. I love using poetry to reinforce rhyming words, grammar study, etc.
9. Things for organization - baskets or trays for handing in work, a weekly homework sheet, etc.
10. Books for reading aloud to your students.
Hope this helps!
Visit our ProTeacher
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or
Copyright 1998-2020 ProTeacher ®