Home : 2004 : Apr : 15
2. Oklahoma Core Curriculum, PASS objectives
3. Concession stands, hall duty, lunch duty, class sponsorship, fundraising.
4. Once every 9 weeks, upcoming events, testing, updated technology, insurance, really whatever problems or issues that needs to be addressed.
5. Locked in an old classroom. Whomever can pick the lock(no kidding). We use an old copier that is atleast 15 years old. We have to enter a 4 digit code that keeps up with how many copies you make (hopefully nobody gets your number)
1. The school does have computers in every classroom, yes we do have internet access, this year the school got new computers and software, due to a large grant.
2. My students dont get to use one very often. I just recieved a working computer in my room about a month ago, but there is not one for my students to use (I asked for 3 old ones changed out with the new ones). I could since I teach Special Education, I could find multi level programs for them to use but I have not been able to do it yet.
3. Yes we do have a lab and a teacher. No I dont go to the lab with my kids because there is no time scheduled for them. If you don't have a computer class then usage is limited. The class is set up in rows, all facing forward. The students use the computers to do various assignments.
4. Yes I finally have a working computer in my room. I actually have 2. But one is sooo old it dont even work. Up until a month ago I brought my laptop from home to be able to do some work. Right now I dont let them use the new one since I have confidential information on it, but when (a long time ago) I did have a computer for the students, I gave them one class period a week to do work, research, or just seach the internet.
5. I use the computer daily. I use it to make wordsearches, worksheets, etc. But I use it mostly for IEP's for my students and to manage student information.
1. not understanding their culture and not wanting to offend them in any way.
2. You are always learning about them as individuals and the other students can learn new things without even knowing they are learning.
3. We have not had to experience this issue, but due to the flood of Hispanics in the area we will soon.
4.Yes, we are a low income area, actually one of the poorest counties in OK. and the students range from parents that can not read or write to parents that give their kids everything. This a wide range for a school with a total of 600 students k-12.
6. Yes this year the school recieved a federal grant to provide an after school program which will be continued throughout the summer. There is no restrictions for any student wishing to participate.
I hope this helps. excuse the spelling It is past my bed time and I am typing real fast.
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or