I found a really cute idea. I think it's cute.
Here's what you do.....
Butterfly Handprint and poem:
1. Paint from top of middle finger to bottom of
palm black -- butterfly's body
2. Paint palms on both sides (discuss symmetry)
3. Paint thumb and pinky another color
4. Pain other fingers left another color
5. Press the painted hand onto white construction
paper. Other finger can move to form wings
Keep middle finger still (body)
6. Add an antennae with markers when paint dries
7. Cut out butterfly and mount on contrasting
piece of construction paper with this poem:
This isn's just a Butterfly
As you can plainly see.
I made it with my hand
Which is apart of me.
It comes with lots of Love
Especially to say
I hope you have a very
Happy Mother's Day
I hope you like this idea. It seemed quite appropriate to me for fourth graders so I am using it as well.