An interview, that's fantastic. I wouldn't tell the school you are in now, you may not be offered the position and then you'd have to talk about it further. But I think there's a good chance you will be offered the position. So here's some thoughts on that
- subbing - may open doors in the public school sector - but may not
- own classroom - less pay, but it is full time
- own classroom - it's fun to have your own class
- subbing - you do learn from the others by seeing what they do in their rooms
- own classroom - you do get a year towards your certification
- own classroom - having one year experience also looks good on resumes and may open doors in the public school setting
I guess I'm leaning towards taking the grade 3 position if it is offered. Can you afford the decrease in salary? If you can, then I think the experience would be valuable for you. I enjoyed subbing when I did it, but I much prefer having my own class.
Let us know what happens and what decision you end up making. Good luck on the interview - I'm sure you'll do great!!!!!!