My Bookmarked Threads My ScrapBook

Home : 2001 : Oct : 19

    By Adam

    Clip to ScrapBook
    In Michigan you can sub one of two ways:

    1. already have teacher certification... you can sub in any area of which you are certified

    2. Contact a county ISD (Intermediate School District). They will have you fill out a ton of forms including a Criminal Background Check (you have to pay for this $39). It takes 4-6 weeks, but if you supply a waiver of liability they will issue a temporary certificate. The County ISD will then process a sub certificate on your behalf and the state dept of education will bill you for the certificate ($25)

    Requirements to sub:
    Obtained 90 credit hours from a teacher training university, or
    have a bachelor's degree containing teacher certificaton.

    If you have questions about Michigan sub certification, call your local Intermediate school district. Hint: Larger school districts will also have this information (ex: Detroit, Kalamazoo, or Grand Rapids)

    Hope you all ahd a good day,

Visit our ProTeacher Community

For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
Copyright 1998-2020 ProTeacher
All rights reserved