My Bookmarked Threads My ScrapBook

Home : 2006 : Sep : 16


    By Mrs. O

    Clip to ScrapBook
       
    I never realized how serious a peanut allergy was until I read the posts here. I have never ran into a child with peanut allergies. It is amazing that a child could have a reaction from the breath of someone who has eaten peanuts. I would have thought the person would have to eat the peanuts or have it on their skin for an allergic reaction to occur.

    I have known two children with corn allergies, but they just have to bring their own special food and stay away from eating corn or corn by-products.

    I guess you need to help this parent understand just how serious your student's allergy is. I am sure they would be willing to comply if they really understood just how severe the reaction is.

    View the original thread this idea was posted on



Visit our ProTeacher Community

For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
Copyright 1998-2020 ProTeacher
All rights reserved