My Bookmarked Threads My ScrapBook

Home : 2006 : Aug : 11

    By bertie

    Clip to ScrapBook
    Because your carpet was soaked, it does sound to me like your problem is mould (mold?) and that can't be eliminated by covering up the smell. The only solution to a mould issue is to remove the carpet, let the wood sheeting underneath dry completely (unless it is mouldy also) and then replace with new carpet. The wood flooring should be sprayed with either a bleach and water combination or something similar (your construction people know where to get it) and left to dry. The problem is that this is could be a health issue, not just an odor issue. You could have some pretty sick kids unless this is actually taken care of properly.

    View the original thread this idea was posted on

Visit our ProTeacher Community

For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
Copyright 1998-2020 ProTeacher
All rights reserved